About the division of Energy Systems
Welcome to the division of Energy Systems KTH-dES.
Our research is based on a broad system perspective, where energy technology, innovation, and policy are linked to sustainable development. We develop quantitative models for optimizing energy systems and develop the basis for strategic decisions on investments, as well as policy. We carry out qualitative analyses regarding the impact of policies on the transition to a sustainable society. Also, synergies and trade-offs between the 169 targets of the 2030 Agenda’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals are carefully analyzed. Our perspective is global, and we collaborate with many countries and world organizations, some of which are IEA, UNDESA, UNESCAP, FAO, World Bank and SIDA.
An equitable, sustainable and resilient low-carbon future.
To support the development of sustainable societies through robust and transparent energy and resource systems research and training.
- “I want my research to matter”
17 Mar 2021
- Accelerating the transition to clean and modern cooking for the 3 billion people without access
10 Mar 2021
- Successful PhD defence by Jenny Gabriela Pena Balderrama
2 Feb 2021
- FAO Water-Energy-Food Nexus Webinar series
26 Jan 2021
- The division of Energy Systems at the UN-Habitat World Habitat day
6 Oct 2020
- Successful PhD defence by Fumi Harahap
28 May 2020
- Successful PhD defence by Dennis Dreier
27 May 2020
- UPCOMING: The 2020 OSeMOSYS Steering Committee meeting
27 Apr 2020